Thread: DG NV tools
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2010, 20:48   #1009  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
supposedly the new VP5 engine in the GT240 and the upcoming Fermi series supports MPEG-4 ASP.
If only my new PNY GT240 card was working correctly...

After installing the card, updated the drivers for the mobo and installed a piece of software, after a period of time the system would just bog down.

A reboot fixed it, for a hort while. I got a copy of the Process Explorer program so that I could see what the hell was going on. I eliminated the new program by making sure the DLLs that it called could never execute and that I just didn't run it. Well, that wasn't it.

So, I removed the Nvidia drivers, mobo and graphics. Still didn't go away. What was happening is that after about 5-10 minutes the hardware interrupts would go into runaway mode. While the monitor program would show me that the CPU was getting creamed and that it was because of hardware interrupts, the program cannot display what the hardware interrupt is.

Since the only new hardware in the system was the graphics card, I put the PNY 7600 back into the system (even though it doesn't have a GPU fan, as it was frozen). Problem solved.

Once the GT240 got into the situation where any program called it (I suspect for hardware accelleration, as normal displaying didn't), it went into hardware interrupt runaway mode. Kill the program and the interrupts stopped. Come to think of it, it wasn't because of hardware accelleration, because if I copied a file from one hard drive to another, the interrupts would also happen.

So, for the moment, a warning about the PNY GT240, until I get this resolved with them.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote