View Single Post
Old 13th January 2016, 17:31   #35286  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosCaco View Post
Hey everybpdy, someone could tell me what the new luma scalling option use sigmoidal light does? when should i use this? should i leave this aways check like linear light on downscalle?
Sometimes it improves upscaling quality by reducing aliasing and ringing slightly. Sometimes it can also increase aliasing and ringing, though. So it needs some serious testing to come to a conclusion whether it should be enabled by default or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkauff View Post
Any chance of moving the madVR/LAV 3D discussion to a separate thread? Four pages today and it seems like there are still many outstanding questions.
No, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
As i understand - if on OS there os no options for enable 3D i can't watch 3D using madVR ??
Correct. BUT. I I have a guess why it doesn't work for you: Do you happen to try to watch 3D on your secondary monitor? I've just found out that NVidia only supports 3D playback on the primary monitor (at least when using the official Direct3D11 APIs). AMD and Intel also support it on the secondary monitor, but not NVidia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
According to LAV Video, it's sending 3D. madVR just isn't displaying it properly. But hey, at least it's not crashing anymore. I'm just not getting any 3D output.
Same as Alexsoid, do you happen to try playback on your secondary monitor? Try making it primary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apgood View Post
Tested with AMD R9 270X and 3D mode gets activated (i.e. my projector goes into 3D mode and says it is receiving frame packed 3D) but there is no 3D depth to what is displayed on the screen (i.e. just looks like 2D). It is almost like the 3D depth adjustment is set to 0.

This is using the latest crimson drivers.
Well, I haven't tried with Crimson drivers yet, but with the older drivers I'm still using it works fine here, both as primary and secondary. But please try v0.90.2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
Still no luck on 3D (Win10 64-Bit, nVidia 660Ti):
- Installed LAV latest nightly (but still need to copy the DLL to the Windows Directory) - setting reset
- Reset madVR to default (but turned off Exclusive Mode)
- Uninstalled the nVidia 3D Play & 3D Player App
- Rebooted and did the nVidia 3D Setup just fine.
- Refresh rating changing is OFF in MC

When I:
- Turn on 3D in Win 10 panel the TV / Glasses go into 3D
- Play MKV 3D and will get SBS output if using D3D9
- Play MKV 3D and will get MC Crashing if using D3D11
My best guess right now is that madVR is not yet receiving 3D frames from LAV. Did you copy the Intel DLL to the system folder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4h4h270 View Post
One interesting thing I notice is madvr told me my sony hmz-t2 edid verion is 1.3 which only use with hdmi 1.0-1.3c, but powerdvd shows it's hdmi 1.4 enabled 3D TV and works fine in 3D playback.
I don't think the EDID version number is related to the HDMI version number, but I'm not 100% sure right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarank View Post
So I tested 3D output on an Optimus system and an AMD system. I found these issues:

1. When smooth motion is enabled, video freezes and audio continues (like others reported). Sometimes it makes the media player crash
Oh, good catch. Will have to disable SmoothMotion forcefully, when using 3D. Probably makes no sense to have it enabled, anyway, since movie and display refresh will should always match when playing 3D.

Quote:
2. If DXVA2 downscaling is selected and active, I get a black screen
Hmmm... Will have to double check that.

Quote:
3. With 10 bit FSE on AMD system, Exclusive Mode fails. 3D works properly though in D3D11 8 bit Fullscreen Windowed mode. The interesting thing is that the AMD GPU outputs 10 bit 3D as reported by my TV (AMD driver 13.12)
Reproduced and "fixed" (by always using 8bit for 3D).

Quote:
4. If 1080p23 mode is not listed in the display modes or that space is left empty, I get dropped frames and presentation glitches with jerky video. In this case, the refresh rate is about 60 Hz while the Composition is 29.97 Hz. So this explains the dropped frames. I am not sure whether 1080p60 should work for frame packed 3D or not
Interesting. I've now modified the logic to always assume 1080p23 for 3D playback. Hope it fixes this issue. Can you confirm?

Quote:
5. The 3D output which I get, when 1080p24 frame packed 3D works, looks like 2D. For the same video if I force madVR to output SBS and then let the TV handle SBS, the output looks like 3D with superimposed images. These are naked eye observations, as I didn’t have 3D glasses when I was testing. In the former case, the TV did report that it received 10 bit 3D input (from the AMD system). Apparently, something is wrong here, as the similar output should be there for both the cases (frame packed and SBS). Maybe others can check this with 3D glasses
That's weird. It works for me. Just to be safe, can you try making the monitor primary, if it's still secondary right now?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote