View Single Post
Old 9th February 2011, 15:58   #78  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
My entire coaster collection, which fits a spindle of 25, grew only recently, mostly from DL blanks. In my first 5 years I had only 3. 2010 was the worst year in terms of bad burns.
Well, maybe you just need to burn more regularly to blow the dust out of the burners, although depending on how many discs you actually burned in 2010, it mightn't be a bad average. It's hard to judge when you consistently don't supply all the relevant information. How many dual layer discs have you burned in past years compared with 2010?
I still have days where I throw one in five away. Not that they're necessarily unreadable, I'm just fussy about the ones I intend to keep. They're the inexplicable "bad burn" days.

Now that I've pretty much come to the end of my burning marathon, high quality burns are still the norm, and the "blowing out the dust" theory is so far the only one I have as to why.

The two burns from today are below. Printable Verbatim discs, burned at 16x (not 1x ). Better than my burns to printable Verbatim media 6 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
You never experienced quality, you've been probably born after Verbatim dropped the premium line. That explains why you consider this -> http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...2&postcount=62 as a good burn.
I'm still eagerly awaiting screenshots of these burns you referred to, assuming in your advancing years you're not imagining them. They'll probably be nothing short of phenomenal to be better than my non-premium line Verbatim burns of today.

yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote