View Single Post
Old 29th April 2007, 22:09   #1  |  Link
Electrolite

Problems with Pgcedit and Deja Vu DVD

After decrypting Deja Vu to hd with Ripit4me, I found it had two main titles (1 and 2): no.1 being the main movie (2hrs), no.2 being the movie plus behind the scenes (2hrs,30min).

Now, the nasty thing about this DVD is that both the titles are contained in VTS 3, so the same vobs contains movie cells and extra cells. I opened the titles with PgcEdit, which reported there weren't different angles but only ILV. I removed it, double checked everything in Trace Mode, and could finally blank the extras with Vob Blanker (which, as many of you surely know, doesn't fully support ILV) because at that point it was unreferenced and separated from the main movie cells.

Then I compressed the DVD with DVD-Rebuilder and I noticed that, exactly in the points where I removed the extra material, there's a little pixelation (nothing major, matter of an instant, 4-5 times during the whole movie). I checked the full dvd copied by ripit4me and I found nothing, looks like this little disturbance appeared after I cleaned the ILV with PgcEdit, before using DVD-Reb.

Being a bit of a perfectionist, I was wondering if I did something wrong (and how I could remove those pixels, if possible), or if the problem wasn't on my end and that DVD is the Devil.

Thanks in advance for any hint you'll be able to give me.

Regards
Electrolite is offline   Reply With Quote