View Single Post
Old 8th January 2020, 14:05   #14890  |  Link
MrVideo

I tried opening the file with tsmuxer (2.6.15) and it complained about pieces of it and ignored a couple of video streams and audio streams. So, I did another capture of 500 MB and tsmuxer didn't like it either. So I read the new file into VideoReDoPro and extracted each of the 6 programs (1 video stream and 5 audio streams). Not one error was reported. I remuxed the 6 TS files into a M2TS file via tsmuxer and eac3to liked it.

I have no idea what is wrong with a complete mux capture that causes eac3to and tsmuxer to not like it. If I just capture one of the program streams, eac3to doesn't have an issue with it.

Thanks for the pointers.

As a side note, I normally do not capture the ABC network feed. I'm only doing it lately because of the Jeopardy! special programming. And because ABC switched over from H.264 to H.265, I was also testing out my ZShell script extract a single stream and extract three of the audio streams to convert the MPA to DD5.1 AC3. When eac3to hung I thought that the new 3.34 version had issues. Turns out that the ABC network feed has something in it that eac3to and tsmuxer do not like, when captured as a whole.