View Single Post
Old 9th May 2005, 18:28   #36  |  Link
ai4spam
Programmer

A request I received via email, and my reply:

Quote:
ai4spam, thanks for all the improvements to SubRip!
They are appreciated by me and many others.

Would it be possible to modify the "Open Hard Subbed Video Files" feature so that you could open VOBs on a DVD? You would choose VTS_01_1.vob on the DVD and it would automatically VTS_01_1.vob, VTS_01_2.vob, etc (kind of like the "Open VOB(s)" feature but for hardcoded subtitles).

I have some DVDs with hardcoded subtitles that I would like to rip.
Hmm, I'm not sure, but it should work already: if you have the MPEG2 video splitter/filters installed (i.e., if you can play DVDs in MediaPlayer and other generic players like ViPlay, but NOT DVD players like CyberLink PowerDVD), then it should simply open them. It won't be able to detect the frame rate, so you'll have to input it manually. Also, you'll need to resize the video window so that you can see the subtitles in it.

Please try it out and let me know if it works. I don't know how it deals with encryption, try opening the movie with a DVD player first, to authenticate. Also, the MPEG2 splitter may only be able to deal with separate VOBs, not with an entire IFO, so you may need to open them one by one and join the subs manually later.

On another note, I just tried an .ogm file, and although it works with MediaPlayer, it refuses to work within SubRip. I guess it's Delphi's fault, I'll try to find another way to deal with this. SubtitleWorkshop works fine, so I guess there is a solution. I wrote DeK about it, waiting for his reply.

-ai4spam

Last edited by ai4spam; 9th May 2005 at 18:42.
ai4spam is offline   Reply With Quote