View Single Post
Old 13th May 2014, 20:55   #12  |  Link
zerowalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
You could just download the Firefox ESR Portable I linked to and temporarily use that to download the VP9 formats. Since it's portable you won't have to install anything on your PC.

Shows how much my internet connection sucks
True, could use that. Though for some reason, with that clip, applications only seem to detect 720p, browsers see 1080p though, not sure why.

Well, i have been there, currently i got 100mbit up/down, but when i had "normal" internet, HD was luxury which i could barely watch, and it was "The Thing".

Luckily internet is developing extremely fast, at least here, it's Fiber all over the place, compared to a few years ago.

What CPU do you have, i know VP9 takes a lot of CPU power, but not sure how much, so would be nice to know what can't handle the Decoding (yet).

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4YrrLUXfZE

Here is a video where i am not sure if VP9 is worse or not then MP4, as VP9 does look sharper, but it has A Lot more artifacts around objects, it looks like a cheap jpeg picture at times.
Sadly it's resized to 1080p as vp9 doesn't do the 1600x1200 it was played at.

But comparing to the original recording, it's awful how much get's blown away on youtubes encodings, the original upload is at 3.4mbps and looks heavenly compared to this.

Last edited by zerowalker; 13th May 2014 at 21:12.
zerowalker is offline   Reply With Quote