View Single Post
Old 28th May 2009, 23:33   #438  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
AFAIK, a DVD SUP file contains exactly the same information as a VobSub SUB. Just the packet headers and structure are a little different. My main issue with DVD SUPs is the separate IFO though.
Would creating a new ifo be useful for loading color palettes? PGCedit dev seems up to adding idx color import that might be a more logical way then to have an output pgcedit palette option when exporting idx\sub.

If you were ever to add dvd sup export with pgcedit color palette it would be very useful for some and it could open the possibility of exporting other dvd author software that supports external color palettes if any exist.

Quote:
What would you think? This is actually what I wrote BDSup2Sub for in the first place. As I'm doing the conversion only for family and friends which don't share my high quality demands , I'm using ConvertXtoDVD for creating the DVD.
I don't have any experience with ConvertXtoDVD but it allows vobsub as input?

I really don't have much experience with dvd authoring/encoding outside of muxman, ifoedit, cce, hcenc and their frontends like DVD-RB and AVStoDVD.

Quote:
They should look absolutely identical (on the same renderer) as they share the same internal representation and format limitations.
They probably do, I didn't find any noticeable differences in the few minutes I spent comparing. But it seems that sup > vobsub > sup isn't bit for bit identical to the source sup, bunch of changes, so I used nearly identical.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote