View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2002, 04:30   #3  |  Link
IcedT

It's always those friends, hm?

I had a hard time with that, too. However you can use free tools, with the exception of LSX of course, to multiplex video and ac3: bbmpg which should come with flask (maybe you need a newer version). [If your source is a vob you can use dvd2avi to demux the ac3 out of the program file while 'saving project.'
Since you already have all files that obviously isn't so interesting.]

To multiplex, open any file in flask (doesn't matter what) then select output as 'bbmpg' then hit 'Flask it.' Or use the bbmpg from AVI2MPG2 (newer). Again it doesn't matter what file you select in the program, since you select them in the extensive bbmpg settings dialogue (hit 'Settings' in the bbMPEG window), go to 'Input Output files' and open your mpeg video (*.m2v?), and ac3 streams (in boxes 2 and 3 respectively), select some file as program stream (you may need to provide a dummy file - just make txt file and rename it to whatever.mpg). In the 'General Settings' tab UNcheck both encode boxes (your files are already set to go), and Check both 'Multiplex'ing boxes, in the latest version of bbmpg, provided with AVI2MPG2 (the standard bbmpg download from the doom9 site) you can also set the startup delay for your various streams under the 'Program Stream Settings' tab. If you were to rip a dvd and demux the ac3 stream(s) with dvd2avi the ac3 filenames would indicate the proper delay.

Hit OK, then Start (back in the bbmpg main window). It should analyze both files and make the program file in no time.

I already did a number of backups that way. Works perfectly. Full Dolby Digital 5.1. And PowerDVD XP does a wonderful job of playing them. (I don't have a stand-alone player, but a full 6 channel set-up, the real stuff, no shitty pc tweaker, build them myself.)

What I haven't figured out yet is how to open the bbmpg dialog on its own, it always only comes with something else. It's "only" a dll, is there somewhere an exe that just starts the settings dialog of bb?? Probably the source code is available, but I don't really feel like it.

Although I'm not sure if the above way is easier or anything than Maestro; haven't tried it yet, is it good?
IcedT is offline   Reply With Quote