View Single Post
Old 9th May 2012, 03:43   #10879  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Intel QuickSync (Lucid Virtu) + madVR = no video

I am trying to get madVR to work along with the LAV video decoder using Intel QuickSync decoding, running in MPC-HC with Lucid Virtu. It works great with EVR Custom Pres, but with madVR there is no video. Graphstudio exhibits the same behavior - opens a video window, plays audio, but no video.

I have a SandyBridge 2500K, and I am using a discrete ATI Radeon 6450 because I cannot get the integrated Intel HD Graphics to display colors well on my HDTV.

If I remove the ATI card (so Lucid Virtu is not being used), playback works as expected (but poor color saturation).

if I use DXVA Copy-back on the ATI card, (and disable Lucid Virtu), playback also works.

I know this is perhaps an odd combination, but I would prefer QuickSync decoding, due to its better efficiency. (It can play Crowd.Run without skipping frames, the ATI card cannot. The fanless ATI card also runs hot while decoding Blu-ray resolutions).