View Single Post
Old 19th March 2003, 01:44   #6  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

@nyplayer

I get the feeling you're one of those people who looks at how many steps a guide has at first glance before reading it. So by first impression, it's normal to say "That's a whole lot of steps and trouble". The thing about doing guides is to ensure that every small step is documented to eliminate or minimize any grey areas. I could easily say rip, DVD95Copy, and burn. I always try to put myself in a newbie's shoes and see if they can grasp what needs to be done. At first, it'll be slow because it's something new but when you get proficient at it, you don't need the guide no more. It took a awhile to commit to memory on how to strip out my stream and VOBIDs in IFOedit but now, it's a piece of cake.

What I'm getting at is that though my guide has 17 anal retentantive steps, there's only three major easy to learn edits to do in IFOedit. But I am an open-minded person who always up for suggestions and recommendations. There are more than one method in backing up movies. My method works and so does yours. From there, it's just a matter of personal preference.