View Single Post
Old 28th February 2002, 21:00   #19  |  Link
trott

Quote:
Originally posted by FakerZ
What does this "underflow error" really mean ?
From the above pages:

Quote:
Synchronization among the Elementary streams is accomplished with Presentation Time Stamps (PTS) in the Program Stream in reference to a common System Clock Reference (SCR). These time-stamps describe the delivery time instances of when a pack is taken from the track buffer and payload is extracted and placed into the decoder which is associated with the packet ID.
svcd consists of at least 2 streams: 1 video and 1 audio. Presentation time stamps in the stream make sure they're played back in sync. (Makes you wonder how standards-compliant nero's svcd mode can really be, seeing as many people are having trouble creating sync'ed svcd's with nero.)A pts underflow means, therefore, that the audio cannot keep up with the video. I usually find that this is the result of a too-high video bitrate.
I usually encode with cce and find that when I set a certain bitrate as maximum, after checking it with bitrate viewer the stream almost always exceeds this maximum by a quite big amount during complex scenes. Thus, I keep my max bitrate setting at 2400 maximum. This way it almost never goes above 2600...
trott is offline   Reply With Quote