View Single Post
Old 13th March 2007, 19:33   #37  |  Link
arnezami

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
Hmm, thats a point that i have missed. Since title keys are random, this could happen by chance, but how big is this probability? Maybe a second file should be used in addition to create the title hash? I'm open for ideas.
The chance of this happening by pure chance is zero. They really would have to do this intentionally (but it would be a little silly for them to do this). So (for now) I think it would be a good idea to use the Unit Key file: its also equivalent to the Title Key file (for HD DVD). So it would all make more sense.

Quote:
For HD-DVD Advanced Content the VTKF000.AACS is still a good choice, for HD-DVD Standard Content i use the only present TKF VTKF.AACS.
Yeah. That should work fine.

Quote:
For now, the database format is not nice, but sufficient enough. For BluRay i will only change the key entries to be consistent with the HD-DVD format (i will store both keys in one db), that is adding a key type flag (V = VUK, U = CPS Unit Key) and numbering the CPS Unit Keys like the Title Keys.
Sounds good. Especially the V/U differentiation. Blu-rays are bound to get more Unit keys per disc.

Quote:
When its time for Sequence Keys i think we should think about a new format, the current one can only store one key type per entry, for Sequence Keys you would need two lines, with redundancy of the movie name and so on, thats not so nice.
I'm probably also creating my own kinds of files for Device/Processing keys and Host Certificates/Private Keys (probably using the some kind of format). Which would also include corresponding uv values and MKB versions and Software player name+versions. But your program will not need these files/keys (until that is you implement the mkb processing and aacsauth stuff aswell).

Regards,

arnezami

Last edited by arnezami; 13th March 2007 at 19:40.
arnezami is offline   Reply With Quote