View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 09:04   #10002  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midzuki View Post
Notwithstanding, what do you have to say about the "zero-padding" issue?
I'd need a sample.

Quote:
Also: will eac3to v3.19 recognize "pure" .DTSHD files?
I have that on my to do list. I have a lot of things on my to do list, though.

Quote:
— add switch -dtsfreq , for modifying the playback frequency of the lossy DTS streams ( most useful if someone intends to create a DTS-CD @ 1387.0828125kbps but is too lazy to deal with a hex editor )

— add switch -dtsrate, for modifying the apparent bitrate of .cpt files
I'm not sure what exactly you want to have changed? Just the bitstream header fields or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
I actually have a question regarding ArcSoft decoding of DTS-HD MA streams in eac3to. Do I have to set any parameters in ASAudioHD.ax such as channel outputs or anything or does eac3to just use the engine of the dlls from ArcSoft DTS Decoder to decode the dts-hd ma streams in its original state?
No need to change anything. eac3to takes care of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondust View Post
I have the same problem with crackling sound when converting a DTS-HD 7.1 file into a FLAC 7.1 file using the Arcsoft decoder. Only 7.1 goes wrong, 5.1 works like a charm. Does the same solution work here too? If not, is there another remedy?
Does eac3to report the 7.1 file as "(strange setup)"? If so, this is a bug in the ArcSoft decoder. Anyway, can I have a sample of the DTS-HD 7.1 file, please?

Quote:
I have tested DtsDec.dll 1.0.2.2 + DTSdecoderDLL.dll 1.1.0.0, and these do NOT decode stereo DTSHD Master Audio correctly (not on my computer, at least).
I'm not aware of problems with stereo decoding. Can I have a sample, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Any plans to add -check capabilities to MKVs?
Does it not work yet? Will add that on my to do list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
For a particular HD-DVD, eac3to detects no subtitle track. Same thing when I open the main EVO files in MediaInfo.
But when I play the disc in my HD-DVD player, I have the possibility to switch between french audio / no subtitle and english audio / french subtitle.
eac3to detects only one video track, so I don't think there are two video tracks, one with subtitles and one without subtitles.
Can you explain where are (hidden) the subtitles please ?
Does eac3to detect the subtitles in the track listing ("eac3to c:\rippedHDDvd")?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
got a 5.1 dtsma track, which only has data for the 2.0 channels, the rest is empty. so instead of keeping it as 5.1 with 4 empty channels, I'd rather turn in into a 2.0 dtsma & flac track. how do I do this? 5.1 -> wavs? and then afterwards?
Yeah, I'd export to wavs and then use wavewizard or a similar tool to combine the 2 mono wav files together. eac3to currently can't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
That's a good news.
I hope it means that lots of tools, and especially eac3to, could very soon support this E-AC3 extension ?
It's on my to do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x0 View Post
I've recently bought Spiderman trilogy in bluray, and I successfully extracted all the audio tracks I needed from the 3 discs (in truehd format, .thd).
When I tried to convert the .thd files to mono wavs (or flac, or single wav) with eac3to & libav, no issue at all with audio from movie 1 and 3, but I experienced some problems, with the second movie's track decoding... Libav decoding in eac3to gave the repeated "Lossless check failed" warnings, even if the encoded wav files seemed to be good
Spiderman 2 is a seamless branching disc, as far as I remember. If you demux/extract the THD data first and convert it to WAVs or FLAC later, you'll get a "lossless check failed" warning for every seamless branch. That is to be expected. You should have gotten a warning from eac3to, though, when extracting the THD track in the first place. It's not a good idea to extract THD tracks from seamless branching Blu-Rays. Audio and video will drift out of sync, because eac3to can't fix the audio overlaps with THD tracks, when demuxing them. You should convert to THD/WAVs directly from the original Blu-Ray structure. Then those "lossless check failed" warnings should go away and audio and video will stay in sync.