View Single Post
Old 19th April 2018, 19:52   #50286  |  Link
oldpainlesskodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainlesskodi View Post
Mclingo,

I know from here and on the dsplayer forum, you have had both color mapping and clipping issues, as I have (hdr and non-hdr).

After much hair pulling, I managed to get to the bottom of it on my set-up.

I always thought that the best setup was Madvr Full Range, GPU RGB full range and Tv set at full range.

However, on my Samsung 4k suhd ks8000 set, this resulted in the wrong color mapping and clipping in blacks and whites, for non-hdr, which was further amplified for hdr material especially,

On my set up, what fixed my issue was changing to the following settings -

MadVR - Full Range

GPU - Limited ycbcr 4.4.4 at 12 bit for 23.976 (custom mode, ycbcr 4.4.4 8bit at anything above 30hz) and NOT rgb full range.

TV - HDMI Black Level set to Low/Limited (I can only assume that, as with my Samsung set, once it is receiving ycbcr 4.4.4, the option to chose between Normal/Low or Full/Limited is disabled).

This may, or maynot on your set up help (along with one of my previous posts regarding disabling the windows color management system).

All the best,

K
And BTW, before anyone gets all elitist on my backside (which, I am ashamed to say, is prevalent is this forum), I was the product/firmware tester for the Tomacro limHD200i when we were trying to figure out how the hell to get MKV's to play on a hardware device, and I cracked it....Madshi was on that forum back in 2007....

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...r-h-264-a.html.......me? Oldpainless68.

Last edited by oldpainlesskodi; 19th April 2018 at 19:55.
oldpainlesskodi is offline   Reply With Quote