View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2013, 08:09   #18959  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Couldn't that script be fixed quite simply by changing the original [...] to the following which adds a clamp for out-of-range values:

Code:
    c0 = clamp(c0, 0.0, 1.0);
Good thinking!

Although, actually I had already suggested a very similar thing. However, my suggestion had a bug in it. I had suggested "saturate(c0)" which is the same as "clamp(c0, 0.0, 1.0)". But my mistake was that I suggested "saturate(c0)" instead of "c0 = saturate(c0)". Doh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Found out what's causing it. It's a program called f.lux which makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day. Removing this from memory the queue fills as it should.
Interesting. I remember somebody mentioning f.lux making problems before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamancho View Post
I have a terrible lag in windowed mode but only with some videos. The OSD says their composition rate is 30.000Hz (no lag in 60.000Hz videos). Is this madvr related or is it the videos 'fault'?
Composition rate is not really related to the video itself. It's the internal OS' Aero redraw rate. Normally it's expected to be identical to the GPU refresh rate. In your case it seems that sometimes the OS chooses a composition rate of only 30.000Hz instead of 60.000Hz, although the GPU refresh rate is probably 60.000Hz (it is, isn't it?). Don't ask my why the OS is doing that. Very stupid, IMHO.

Are you using the madVR display mode changer? Or some other display mode changer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Madshi is it possible to block programs making changes in this way while MadVR is active? Maybe there are other programs that can affect MadVR in the same way?
For that I'd have to know what those other programs are doing to affect madVR. I don't know that. And even if I knew, madVR would not be able to stop that, unless you wanted madVR to inject a hook dll into all running processes, which would be a rather dramatic thing to do...

Last edited by madshi; 3rd June 2013 at 08:15.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote