View Single Post
Old 14th October 2006, 19:56   #19  |  Link
csnet

Quote:
you might do good to hack the Sinclair to gain access to the most pristine video signal the system offers, before RF modulating.
Thanks, great suggestion. Here's the video output section of ZX-81 circuit, thanks to this amazing UK web site that is actually still selling the ZX-81 kits after all these years:

LocalH, does it look to you like like "16. TV/Tape" or "USA 3" would be good candidates for taking a pre-RF modulator signal? I am hoping the "USA 3" signal is close to an NTSC video composite signal.

Rather than run this directly into a composite input, I will probably buffer it with one of my video splitter circuits.

While I have a (c) on the simple circuit, anyone here is welcome to build the video splitting circuit for your personal purposes. I have had 3 splitters going continuously for 4 years in this setup.

They are great for losslessly sending a single composite output to multiple devices. Just build a separate circuit for each output needed from each source. I built three 2 way splitters so I could leave things connected all the time while using them in different ways. It did take some isolation transformers to keep the signals pristine because of some AC power source leg differences and distances.
csnet is offline   Reply With Quote