View Single Post
Old 17th August 2005, 13:20   #168  |  Link
veverica

Suggestions

Hi ai4spam, i have some suggestions for avi subrip. I've developed PodPis Virtualdub filter to extract subs from avi, creates idx/sub files and than subrip it with SubRip. It works really good, for a tv-seria of 45 minutes it takes around 1 hour of your time to get a subtitle (including sub to avi manual check).

The detection routine is rather simple. It recognises around 99 percent of subtitles and double around 1%, for a medium quality video. We can talk more about it, if you like, you can get the source code if you like.

My first proposal would be to rip off the subs in two steps. First to run the detection, that would create idx/sub file and than to rip that file. It saves much time.

Another proposal would be to include a button that would skip the OCR but would include [skiped item nr.] line in a text file, like it does when you hit Done in manual typing.

Another proposal would be to Delete last typed char from char matrix without showing the matrix. With ALT-U it happens often (in a hurry).

The alt-u (USE best guest) is superb!!!

thanks for your work

veverica is offline   Reply With Quote