Originally Posted by Egh View Post
This renderer potentially is top#1 choice for video elite
7900GTX (fastest 7xxx GForce)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
On an ATi 2600XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by noee View Post
Perhaps this card just doesn't have the guts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
Maybe...but like I said, it's fine with every other renderer on Vista
So the "video elite" want's to run madVR in such old graphics cards?
Please remember that madVR needs lot of shader processing power, and the old cards have very few shader processing units... My GF 8600GT only has 16, and it barelly keeps up with it. So, if we really want to use madVR, we should start thinking in upgrading... of course madshi could be able to optimize the code, but in the end it will always be a question of shading power. You have it or not.
It would be great if people with more recent cards would test it and post the results, so we could be able to see if it's just our cards that cannot handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Dithering is the best indeed. Color from madVR still looks different (and looks wrong) for me, though. I still don't have time to learn about 3dlut file either.
I can help you with the 3dlut files creation, but you have to be more specific with your problems... Which source, which other renderers are you comparing? video levels or PC levels?

madshi,
are you ok with using this thread for 3dlut discussions, or will you prefer that we discuss 3dlut stuff in another thread?
yesgrey is offline   Reply With Quote