View Single Post
Old 4th January 2009, 12:55   #10  |  Link
eslave

Documentation update

Ok, I've revamped the documentation and made it as clear as I possibly can with respect to the input methods. (There is a picture, too.)

Leeperry, if you're still getting errors with the names of MVTools functions (MVSuper, MVAnalyse) then I think you may have a bad filename or incomplete path specified somewhere, preventing the plugin from loading. To the best of my knowledge those are the correct function names. (I'm looking at the MVToolsV2 doc right now.) I rename my copies of the MVTools DLLs with their version number so I can keep track of what I'm doing. Please double-check the paths and filenames used on the LoadPlugin and Import lines of your script.

You may also want to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and check the 'Processes' list (show all) to see if any stalled instances of your video player are still 'running'. If so kill all instances of the player and wait a few seconds before trying again. I have seen numerous flashes of the fauxD vector dialog occur, sometimes for a up to a minute, after killing stalled player instances.

To clarify the "input method" issue I should say your input can come from anywhere, you just need to get it into a clip variable named source near the top of the PROLOGUE section. The rest of the fauxD script (whether 'opened' or 'imported') will then do all the work and return the final clip. You should not need to create or modify any explicit calls to fauxD() yourself in the script's normal 'configuration' (as released) for it work properly. Conceivably issues with color-spaces and pixel formats with respect to ffdshow may arise, but I rather doubt that's the case unless you went randomly checking boxes in ffdshow at some point.

Let me know how it goes.

-eslave
eslave is offline   Reply With Quote