View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 15:33   #382  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
It seems the SegmentInfo.dtd is not correct, but mkvmerge handles the structure correctly.
It's quite possible that the DTDs aren't correct (anymore). DTDs are an outdated and unflexible technology. XML Schemas would have been better, but I never bothered to implement them. As no one asks for them either, it seems people don't need them after all.

Quote:
Some question about the Info elements:
Mkvmerge can use all Info elements which are available in the info.XML.
mkvmerge only supports the four elements listed here (m_debug_to_tag_name_map). It explicitly forbids the elements listed here (m_invalid_elements_map).

Quote:
Mkvpropedit can edit all this elements too? And additionally I can edit some more elements like the Info Title.?
You can ask mkvpropedit which elements it supports by running "mkvpropedit -l":

Code:
Elements in the category 'Segment information' ('--edit info'):
title               | US | Title: The title for the whole movie.
date                | DT | Date: The date the file was created.
segment-filename    | US | Segment filename: The file name for this segment.
prev-filename       | US | Previous filename: An escaped filename corresponding to the previous segment.
next-filename       | US | Next filename: An escaped filename corresponding to the next segment.
segment-uid         | X  | Segment unique ID: A randomly generated unique ID to identify the current segment between many others (128 bits).
prev-uid            | X  | Previous segment's unique ID: A unique ID to identify the previous chained segment (128 bits).
next-uid            | X  | Next segment's unique ID: A unique ID to identify the next chained segment (128 bits).
muxing-application  | US | Multiplexing application: The name of the application or library used for multiplexing the file.
writing-application | US | Writing application: The name of the application or library used for writing the file.
Quote:
And then there are some elements which can't be edited, this values are written while mkvmerge mux the mkv file.
- Duration
- DateUTC
- MuxingApp
- WritingApp
Except for the duration those elements can be set with mkvpropedit, but not with mkvmerge.

Quote:
The TimestampScale element can be set before I mux an mkv. Is this only possible with a command line switch?
That's the only way. You cannot change with mkvpropedit.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote