View Single Post
Old 4th June 2013, 18:59   #18984  |  Link
raul31

lav filters/madvr!

Hi madshi,

congratz on the new version that u hav JUST released.
Looking forward to using it very soon.
btw, i'm a newbie so i'm going to ask the following:

what i want to know is, what exact options should i choose within LAV video with regards to the following to get the possible image:
> (hardware acceleration) -> hardware decoder to use: none, nvidia cuvid, intel quicksync, DXVA2 (native), or DXVA2 (copy-back) ? & why
> RGB Output Levels: TV, PC, or UNTOUCHED ? & why
> Dithering Mode: Ordered or Random ? & why
> there are other options as well which i haven't mentioned such as deinterlacing which can be configured within LAV video... what should i choose here for the rest of the options?

i also wanted to know:
i have a 2nd gen I7 [2670] processor & 1GB nvidia GT 525m... all within a beautiful dell xps l502x (WISH i went for the model with 2GB GT 540m )
how am i able to configure MPC-HC so that ALL the decoding & work that needs to be performed by the LAV filters etc is done completely by the I7 processor {CPU} & not touched at all by the nvidia card?
the ONLY thing that should use the nvidia card is MadVR, but how can i exclusively make sure that the nvidia card isn't spending it's power on other decoding? i ONLY want the nvidia card for MadVR & NOTHING else, but can this setup be done where one can choose what processes what etc.

thanks madshi!!!

looking forward to your guidance.
raul31 is offline   Reply With Quote