View Single Post
Old 16th March 2021, 10:59   #15  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

When it comes to VOB count there is only provision for an index of 1 decimal digit length.
IIRC the 1GiB VOB limit was only imposed to keep up with certain file system restrictions (was it mapping into old style ISO?)
that IIRC don't have to be adhered to anymore if played under modern file system drivers.

Manolito, maybe you can try to pre-concatenate those .VOBs to >1GiB to keep their number below or equal 9 ?
Binary concatenation is all the filesystem does anyway while mounting any group of _1.to _9.VOBs.
I remember back in 2004..2009 to have de/remuxed a few times into a 5GiB..8GiB "mono"-VOB by chance,
but the race conditions are forgotten now, I think I have burnt that to DVD-RW once and it played on a standalone.
I think it was SmartRipper which has that feature.

Playback stalling at a certain point: could that be a muxer overflow ?
(Back in the DVDlabPro2 days I helped trace such a design flaw, maybe ~ version DLP 2.23 IIRC
I guessed that moonman had implemented a 32bit register there and noone would have run into any problems
if not crossing an unknown border by trying to mux 4hr movies onto 8,5GB DVD+R DL.
Because of the DVD's 1/90.000 time stamp granularity one would need 33bits of register width if duration exceeded 3h20min.
Blu-ray overcame this odd width by halving that temporal resolution down to 45.000 ticks/s.)

Last edited by Emulgator; 16th March 2021 at 13:57.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote