View Single Post
Old 9th September 2013, 17:17   #20051  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by psousa View Post
i think im go with your advice because yesterday i saw a full movie with lot of dark scenes ( MAMA was the movie name) and the dark scenes were all messed, horrible indeed, couldnt see any details on dark scenes just black.

so i stopped the movie and did some testes always with the same image and this is what i get:

1) with 24Hz (not custom refresh) i get amazing image quality from my panasonic

2) with 24 Hz custom refresh i get crap image quality especially on dark scenes, but in general colour are oversatured

3) with 24 hz custom refresh rate AND change on madvr output lvl for TV i get the same amazing image quality as on 1)

if i change for PC levels dark scene have 0 details, but on 24 Hz ( not custom refresh) if i set madvr output to PC levels i get amazing image quality and if i change to tv levels colours are all washout and is terrible.

i think custom refresh rates are messing up with madVR setting.

with custom refresh rate 24Hz and change 1 in total vertical pixels i get almost perfect 23.976Hz but that add 1 vertical pixel make something very anoying on top border of display.

im a bit tired with all this tests and tries to get perfect 24p and the blue dts-hd logo on my receiver.

i think im just go with your advice, forget the blue logo and just use LAV audio decoder + dtsdecoderdll.dll + reclock so i can get HD sound, perfect 24p experience and perfect image quality.

i will not gonna loose any quality on sound right? will just change on my screen receiver from " dts-hd master" to " PCM" and loose the blue light logo right?

so basically with LAV audio decoder + dtsdecoderdll.dll, no one really need receivers with HD decoders right?
As I understand it, the way Reclock works is that it resamples the audio to match the video. So if the video is playing back at 23.978 Hz instead of 23.976 Hz, then the video and audio will just be played back slightly quicker than normal so you won't get dropped/repeated frames. As long as you choose the best resampling algorithm I highly doubt you would be able to tell the difference between the original audio and the resampled audio. Aside from this, letting LAV Audio decode Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA will result in the same PCM stream as letting your AVR do it, it just gets done a step earlier. It is possible that some receivers have different settings available for different input types though, so this is something to check.

Also note that the reason your custom 24 Hz refresh rate makes the colours over-saturated is because it's forced to 0-255 output. Your normal refresh rates were presumably using 16-235. You can fix this by changing the MadVR output, as you did. I need to use EVR on my HTPC so the only fix for me is to use YCbCr output instead of RGB. However, if you're getting a dodgy row of pixels then I guess this method isn't an option for your particular TV.

Last edited by DragonQ; 9th September 2013 at 17:31.
DragonQ is offline   Reply With Quote