View Single Post
Old 9th September 2013, 16:25   #20050  |  Link
psousa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
LAV has its own indicator (albeit harder to get to). Make sure you set tray icons to enabled, then play a file with a DTS-HD MA track. Double-click on the LAV Audio tray icon and go to the Status tab. It should say "DTS-HD MA" as the codec. Bit-streaming just causes headaches in my experience; if the software I'm using can decode everything properly, and my receiver has no issues with 7.1 LPCM, I have no reason to use bit-streaming. I think LAV decodes Dolby TrueHD without third-party plugins, plus FLAC, etc.
i think im go with your advice because yesterday i saw a full movie with lot of dark scenes ( MAMA was the movie name) and the dark scenes were all messed, horrible indeed, couldnt see any details on dark scenes just black.

so i stopped the movie and did some testes always with the same image and this is what i get:

1) with 24Hz (not custom refresh) i get amazing image quality from my panasonic

2) with 24 Hz custom refresh i get crap image quality especially on dark scenes, but in general colour are oversatured

3) with 24 hz custom refresh rate AND change on madvr output lvl for TV i get the same amazing image quality as on 1)

if i change for PC levels dark scene have 0 details, but on 24 Hz ( not custom refresh) if i set madvr output to PC levels i get amazing image quality and if i change to tv levels colours are all washout and is terrible.

i think custom refresh rates are messing up with madVR setting.

with custom refresh rate 24Hz and change 1 in total vertical pixels i get almost perfect 23.976Hz but that add 1 vertical pixel make something very anoying on top border of display.

im a bit tired with all this tests and tries to get perfect 24p and the blue dts-hd logo on my receiver.

i think im just go with your advice, forget the blue logo and just use LAV audio decoder + dtsdecoderdll.dll + reclock so i can get HD sound, perfect 24p experience and perfect image quality.

i will not gonna loose any quality on sound right? will just change on my screen receiver from " dts-hd master" to " PCM" and loose the blue light logo right?

so basically with LAV audio decoder + dtsdecoderdll.dll, no one really need receivers with HD decoders right?
psousa is offline   Reply With Quote