View Single Post
Old 26th September 2011, 10:58   #9865  |  Link
deado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
What "specific settings" are you referring to? The "clean-up video timings" thing you don't normally have to do, but sometimes it just gets corrupted.
I just mean generally - ie. Vsync settings.

And having to use madVR in exclusive mode just to get smooth playback- ie. no other renderer for me gives perfectly smooth playback under any circumstances when doing 24hz output - they all stutter somehow or another. I think this is the combination of crappy Nvidia drivers lately and the complications of Aero and GPU usage.

From what I have tested on my setup, any other renderer (EVR, VMR9, Overlay, Haali, whatever) gives stuttering of some sort - and I have been testing this for months and months trying different settings. Nothing is perfect except this madVR solution in fullscreen exclusive mode with Reclock Vsync disabled like you suggested. From what I've found, it seems to be Aero on = stuttering regardless. So madVR's exclusive mode with Aero off (and no tearing) gives the best results.

It's just a sad state of affairs that to get smooth playback from a PC output is so difficult in the first place! And that 99% of combinations of players/renderers/settings cause stuttering. At least for me anyway - but I assume it is similar for others? At least those with Nvidia cards - since I think that is where a lot of the source of problems come from. Maybe it's just my particular set up, dunno, but I'm glad I've finally got smooth playback

Last edited by deado; 26th September 2011 at 11:09.
deado is offline   Reply With Quote