View Single Post
Old 31st August 2011, 19:43   #98  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alph@ View Post
'Do note that to use the generated .3dlut with madVR you need to tag it with BT.709 primaries first using tag3dlut -7'

it gets complicated,So you can not use the 3dlut directly in madvr?a small tuto would cool,because I'm confused
Your software is great,but utilities annexes are mysterious,I wish I could use it if necessary.
It's an issue with madVR and the .3dlut format in particular rather than the programs, so I'm waiting on madshi to add native compatibility checking so you won't have to do it manually. I've chosen to not add madVR compatibility hacks for now because I don't want to botch up the format further than it has to be.

If he still hasn't added support for it, then I'll add a flag to lutscript.exe to add madVR compatibility (or maybe include it by default).

For now, just do this:

lutscript.exe -i input.3ls -o output.3dlut
tag3dlut.exe -i output.3dlut -7

Or for a shorter version:

lutscript -i input.3ls -o - | tag3dlut -7 -i - -o output.3dlut

The command line utilities are meant for power users that know exactly what they're doing and delivers programs to support the necessary logic so even those people who aren't programmers with free time can benefit from it.

The GUI is intended for simple usage. It's just that I haven't gotten around to actually updating it yet due to lack of interest. I have far more planned for the GUI.