View Single Post
Old 1st April 2016, 10:52   #922  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I've seen that. And I have just accepted to start the evaluation period. I hope I haven't made a mistake, and that the evaluation period will be renewed with the next key.

I have already compared the output of several programs for the chapter points of the original BD.
It seems that eac3to removes automatically the last dummy chapter (near the end of the movie). tsMuxeR and MediaInfo keep it.
The 3 programs display only 3 decimals. Eac3to rounds the decimal part of the time code to the closest number. For example, it prints 00:16:35.203 for 44784114 ticks (at 45000th of a second), or exactly 995.2025333333333 seconds. tsMuxeR and MediaInfo round to the lower decimal: 00:16:35.202.
That rounding problems are very small and not really important, but I wonder who is right. Currently, when the input is a BD, BD3D2MK3D uses the same method than tsMuxeR and MediaInfo.
With the crazy NTSC frame rate, it is almost never possible to give an exact timing to point just to a specific frame. When the chapter point does not falls exactly on a frame, I don't know if MkvMerge stores the time code of the nearest, previous or next frame, or if it leaves the original chapter point untouched. That's important to select the best rounding method.

I will do other tests with 3D MKV files later. Currently, I must do other things...

Last edited by r0lZ; 1st April 2016 at 10:57.