View Single Post
Old 18th September 2006, 16:36   #405  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
PgcEdit v7.4 released: A. New function Trace menu -> State -> Restart Playback from Exit Domain, to begin the playback at Title 1 instead of at the First-Play PGC...
I don't see this option & wonder if my installation might be wrong? One just copies the new .exe into the PgcEdit directory, yes? I looked hard at the release notes because the behavior of 7.4 seems to have changed for me. I use PgcEdit mostly to "Jump to PGC upon DVD insert" and with 7.4 it appears to work differently:

1. Trace thru the intro cells, make menu selections, get to main title and Break.

2. Toggle PGC pre/post breakpoint (turns red)

3. Insert DVD (Restart Trace) and Run again.

4. Step thru those intro cells, but THIS TIME I DIDN'T SEE THE MENU--WENT STRAIGHT TO THE PGC!

5. Selected "Jump to PGC" and get "The pre-commands jumped-outside the target..." message and looped-thru the menu selection process again one time.

6. Reached the breakpoint again and this time "Jump to PGC" worked.

So the process worked, but it is different from what I'm used-to in that in Step 4 I didn't have to make my menu selections again; PgcEdit seemed to anticipate what I was going to do.

Was a change made to this behavior, could this be an anomaly of the DVD, or have I just lost my mind and it's always worked this way.

Y'know how you do something over & over again, and then it's different and it freaks you out a little!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote