View Single Post
Old 8th January 2004, 18:13   #9  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally posted by KpeX
AAC FAQ is integrated now.
i rewrote the first part of question 3 as it is a little bit confusing i guess, it should be clearly seperated what is a codec and what are apps using this codec

feel free to use my proposal:

FAAC (Free Advanced Audio Coder) free and open source LC-AAC [Commandline, DirectShow (3ivx), foobar, CoolEdit]
Apple's AAC: only CBR atm, doesnt handle multichannel [Quicktime Pro, iTunes] iTunes uses the same codec but is freely available
PsyTEL's AACENC, dont use it for multichannel as it produces wrong channel mapped files! [Commandline, AACMachine (GUI using BeSweet) ]
Dicas' Compaact AAC encoder
Sorenson's AAC Encoder

The results of the public listening test conducted by rjamorim, comparing these AAC codecs at 128kbps are available here

maybe you also want to add again that it is possible to join *.aac files with dos commandline but not *.mp4 files

Quote:
I know how to post-link like that, what I wanted to do is just link to the #post'whatever' so that it jumps to the post without reloading the page and opening in a new window. If it was html I'd just use
Code:
<a href=#post424070>
but I can't find a way to do that with vB code; vB wants to put a http:// in front of the link.
ic, yes this would be great!
perhaps ask doom9 or swede about if this is possible, if not i would use the linking way i proposed as it is better than nothing and it makes it easier if someone wants to link to a specific faq (via copy paste)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jukke
Please post a list of the most recommended winamp plugins[/I], the third link (http://www.blorp.com/~peter/zips/in_vorbis.exe) returns a 403 Forbidden to me.
you dont have to download this anymore, in_vorbis is available in winamp already by default

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free

Last edited by bond; 8th January 2004 at 18:18.
bond is offline   Reply With Quote