View Single Post
Old 19th March 2019, 10:53   #55409  |  Link
thighhighs

Quote:
Originally Posted by j82k View Post
What I assume could be happening is that the TVs internal lut works at less precision in pc-mode. If it is input lag related then the game preset which has the same input lag as pc-mode should also suffer from increased banding. Gonna check that out later.

I did create a 3dlut calibration in pc-mode once but it didn't turn out good, which isn't surprising. To correct all of these banding errors (they are everywhere in the low end range) would require an insane amount of corrections.
Game mode is specifically designed to reduce input lag for games Changing the input to "PC", but without turning on the game mode, you will get the PC-Desktop mode with improvements to read the text. I don't have a C8, but I have two LG TVs and dont think LG has made new logic.
If you looking for an accurate picture mode for madvr and movies, try isf Expert mode first, this made for it. Game mode is alternative for people who want chroma 4:4:4.

edit: Your input always should be set to PC, otherwise you trash Windows and apps quality. In this mode TV internally has fps-based source detection with different picture settings, so no reasons to switch input, if you dont watch tons of high framerate movies, of course.

Last edited by thighhighs; 19th March 2019 at 12:02.
thighhighs is offline   Reply With Quote