View Single Post
Old 21st February 2016, 11:33   #36299  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Are you saying Super-XBR 150 gives a better result than NNEDI3 32? Is this with bluray?
All neuron counts with NNEDI3 for chroma look basically identical. It's pretty much a waste using more than 16 neurons on it for chroma IMO as
I Rolled a 16 neurons screenshot and a 256 neuron screenshot back and forward and I can't tell the difference viewing it 1 foot away.

I've noticed that when anti-ringing is enabled with super-xbr and to a lesser degree Jinc (both with AR enabled and not along with some other scalers) can bring green tinges and possibly other colors if the source white contains some inside, which isn't ideal. This is only noticeable upon close inspection however.

The below screenshot comparison shows how bad this can be but you'd be hard pressed to notice it while watching.

super-xbr 150 vs super-xbr 150 AR

Also for comparison NNEDi3-16 taps vs Reconstruction sharp

I'm actually really liking super-xbr 150 for chroma... I wonder if it'd be possible to make a combination of it and reconstruction?
So it looks like I've got a new preference for chroma..

James can you share your videos? Thanks for testing it BTW, I wouldn't have considered it useful for chroma if you hadn't mentioned it.

Last edited by ryrynz; 21st February 2016 at 12:19.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote