Thread: Avisynth 2.6 MT
View Single Post
Old 19th February 2013, 06:12   #615  |  Link
Porsche_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Do you really need Avisynth MT for FineSharp? As far as I know, it's quite fast.
I agree I find my experience using singled threaded FineShap puzzling as you are right it is pretty fast. I always resize everything prior to applying FineSharp so that is an added factor.

DVD playback while using avisynth spline64 resizing before FineSharp has been trouble free. However, I have had differening results using FineSharp single threading with x.264 720/1080p with some instances of audio and video desynching. Desyncing seems to usually occur with x.264 encoded 720p @30fps...so far 24fps hasn't been an issue.

In some cases I've been able to solve the desync problem by having ffdshow decode but I prefer using the MPC AVC codec. I know ffdshow is suppose to be less CPU intensive when decoding but I can't think it should make that big a difference given the i7 processor.

I also had a strange issue with AVC in an avi container that had sync issues but it was fixed when I put it in a mkv container. Anyways, I've found that 2.6 MT allows the overhead/flexibility to use any codec without desync.

The really odd part to me is the graph pattern with or without multi-threading is the same in resource monitor for my i7 860 @2.8Ghz. In both cases 4 cores are parked and the other 4 cores that are active distribute the load equally and are at about 40% utilization. It could be that I have an issue with the way my computer is set up to process information. Would be interested in others thoughts.

EDIT: Don't know if this is the same for everyone else but after I uninstalled 2.5.8 I deleted the remaining folder labeled "AviSynth 2.5". I then installed 2.6 Alpha 3 but the new AviSynth 2.6 program is in a folder in Program Files (86) still labeled "AviSynth 2.5" not "AviSynth 2.6". I did use Version() to verify it is the 2.6 Alpha 3 build.

Last edited by Porsche_fan; 19th February 2013 at 07:09. Reason: Added info 2.6 is in a folder labeled "AviSynth 2.5"
Porsche_fan is offline   Reply With Quote