View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2019, 22:41   #56449  |  Link
SirMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Oh I understand now, with the visible screen area defined and zooming black bars away you get the sides cropped and no black bars. Works great! They can even set the screen area a bit smaller to account for the slightly too wide horizontal stretch.

I forgot that zoom big black bars away is willing to lose any amount of image area.
OK, so I got this to work for the most part, but I can't use NGU scaling anymore even on an RTX 2070 or GTX 1080 when using anamorphic lens option.

I am dealing with 4K tone-mapped video on a native 4K display, so processing starts to get really extreme when it has to upscale chroma and luma and do tone-mapping. Normally there is no luma upscaling because its 4K native on 4K. And when it's 1080p video there is no tone-mapping because its SDR.

It works if I set chroma and luma scaling to Lancosz AR for instance. But if I set chroma and luma to NGU sharp medium even it's like 80-100ms render times even on a 2070 or 1080.

There is no way to make this work without using the anamorphic stretch I'm guessing.

The whole zooming away black bars stuff is what makes it only work if I fill the 16:9 panel with the 2.40:1 video via anamorphic stretch factor 4 / 3.

I wish madVR just had a simple image cropping option that didnt require this zooming stuff and just took the picture as is, 1:1 on the screen, and allowed to cover the edges with a specific amount of black like some projectors allow.

Last edited by SirMaster; 2nd June 2019 at 23:38.
SirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote