View Single Post
Old 15th September 2008, 00:24   #6179  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encoder888 View Post
I have trouble demuxing the MPEG-2 stream from VOB files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABDFan View Post
I did some checking by downloading old versions and it looks like it was working in 2.54 but broke in 2.55. I'm gonna take a guess that one of these changes from the 2.55 changelog did it. I made some guesses but i could be wrong.

* detection and automatic skipping of invalid vob units
I think the skipping of invalid vob units is the problem. I've removed that as a test in the next eac3to build. Please retest whether DVD demuxing works again. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonta View Post
eac3to v2.62 crashes on this dtswav file.
Thanks for the sample. Will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
1) I noticed that the libFLAC.dll that comes with Eac3to is 151,552 bytes and is dated 7/22/2007 while the one that comes in MadFLAC is 258,048 bytes and is dated 10/7/2007. I wanted to put Eac3to and Madflac into one "tools" folder so which I should use OR do I just make a folder for each and keep em separate?
To be honest, I'm not sure. You can try using the newer dll for both. If you run into no problems then it's fine.

Quote:
2) Any chance of Eac3to using arcsoft decoders for (E)AC3 instead of Nero 7?
Maybe some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Thanks madshi for your new version, for me the standard dts is all ok decoded but:

2/2.1 - ArcSoft output is FL FR FC Empty LF BL, the BR channel is missing and need remap -0,1,3,4,2,5

And using -dtslog with Samples_dts-es encoded with DTS PRO SERIES SURROUND ENCODER (thanks Elektra999) seems there are a detect problem:
Code:
                     3/3.0 m   3/3.1 m   3/3.0 d    3/3.1 d
+ DTS-Core           -------   -------   -------    -------
  - frameSize        2013      2013      2013       2013
  - DTS-ES           +         +         +          +
  - channelNo        5         5         5   (?)    6
  - lfe              0         1         0          1
  - channelDescr     5.0       5.1       5.0 (?)    6.1
  - samplingRate     48000     48000     48000      48000
  - bitDepth         16        16        16         16
  - bitrate          1536000   1536000   1536000    1536000
  - extAudio         -         -         XCh        XCh
  - samplesPerFrame  512       512       512        512
  - copyHistory      1         1         1          1
With libav
3/3.1 DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete, output 5.1 with BC mixed in BL-BR, ok but need remap -1,2,0,5,3,4

And ArcSoft problems:
3/3.0 DTS-ES 6.0 Discrete, detected like 5.0 and decoded 5.0 with BC channel mixed in BL-BR like 6.0 Matrix.
3/3.1 DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete, all ok but FL and FR channels broken (missing 99% of samples)
Thanks for testing/reporting and for the new samples! The problems I could fix should be fixed in v2.63. However, ArcSoft seems to have problems with some 6.0 and 6.1 tracks. If I let ArcSoft decode them as 5.1, everything is fine. If I let it decode them as 6.0 or 6.1 the FL and FR channels are broken. Don't see how I could fix that. Funny enough Blu-Ray and HD DVD 6.1 tracks decode fine!! Because of that I can't simply block ArcSoft for 6.x decoding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehgal.v7 View Post
In this Swapping & Remapping being done twice, is it alright?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Could you rename first analyzing process from "progress:" to "analyzing:"
Changed to "analyze:" and "process:".

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ngp1ng View Post
i found a bug: truehd 16bit -> flac 24bit
Will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Just a little quirk:

With a trailing \, :
Will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mag!c View Post
When appending several TS file with "+" eac3to can't process files properly.
For error reproduction I took working TS-file and splitted it (with TSsplitter) to 3221380 bytes chunks.
This is a problem. eac3to contains some extra code to handle Blu-Ray seamless branching correctly. Now if I make TsSplitter splitted TS files work that may eventually harm Blu-Ray seamless branching handling. Generally if you join some TS or m2ts files which were never stored in one file you'll want eac3to to do some extra checking/processing on these files. But if you join some TS or m2ts files which were once stored in one file and which you splitted with a tool like TsSplitter the extra processing makes joining fail. I'll have to think about how to handle this properly. For now you'll have to manually join the parts with TsSplitter first to make eac3to work...