View Single Post
Old 11th October 2018, 17:13   #53171  |  Link
mkohman

Hi Guys, I recently upgraded my projector from an x5900 to an x9900 and so far I'm loving it. I have always preferred madVR tone mapping via pixel shades and find that 200 target nits with highlight recovery at (are you mad?) and balanced for the other setting gives me the best results.. However.. I find that the actual picture is lacking in colour it's pale and looks desaturated even with the Option at 35%.

Yesterday I went into the madVR settings and upped the saturation from 0 to 22 and I am absolutely loving what is on my screen. I have full pop as HDR should be and I have never seen HDR this great on a projector with accurate colour, shadow details, highlights blacks etc etc... Thank you to
@madshi
and all the fantastic members on here who always help and support this amazing piece of software.

What I wanted to ask was by having my saturation at 22 is that ok? Will it cause an issue like picture noise etc? I haven't seen any I'll effects but am I the only one who finds that at 0 saturation the HDR looks a little lifeless? Would really appreciate some comments and feedback to help me understand better.. By the way I select 0-255, 10 bit or above, BT2020, powercurve 2.4 within MadVR and RGB 4.4.4 on my HTPC at 10bit for 24hz movies.. Here are some pics with the +22 within madVR.. Thanks for all your help...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
mkohman is offline   Reply With Quote