Thread: MVTools
View Single Post
Old 12th November 2007, 15:54   #534  |  Link
superuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by talen9 View Post
I *think* that, using that script, you're not changing FPS at all

The FPS value is given by (numerator)/(denominator), right? So, dividing both of them by 2, the resulting "new" FPS will be ... the same as the original one

I think that you'll need to change it a bit ... like, you'll have to divide by 2 the numerator and keep unchanged the denominator:

Code:
numerator = dcSrcFramerateNumerator()/2
denominator = dcSrc.FramerateDenominator()
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroz View Post
Double the denominator rather than halve the numerator, else you'll have a problem when the numerator is odd.
thnxs for pointing that out. In my scripts I m using it first doubling the framerate (using Bobber), and than bring it back to the original framerate. I have detailed why below why I am doing so. Though again this methodology may not be the appropriate way to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
The way you use it is just an extremely slow no-op. Flow will use the input frame if it matches up perfectly with the output. What you probably want is to use mvflowblur(...).selecteven() instead, so that you lengthen the shutter to compensate for lowering the framerate. (Films generally have longer shutters than DV, it's an important part of the 'film look' everyone treasures.)

If not, you're going to have to explain what you're looking for.
Thnxs, I will try this out.

Details of what I trying to do: Currently I am processing a movie about 3 hours run time. The problem with these movies are released as NTSC, but they were converted from PAL. So as to over-come poorly interlaced frames effects, what I had in mind is first double the framerate, in my case was using yadiff for the same (2*29.97), than bring the framerate to original using mvflowfps (29.97). With this frames looked much better and smoother than before. I am using DVD-RB and CCE as the encoder. Had tried for manual encoding CCE so as to encode as Film, but I did not get it right so reverted back to DVD-RB. The idea of playing with framerate being is do not disturb the output framerate, keep it same as the input one and deinterlace them, if the above is the appropriate one to follow. I had used DVD-RB's features for deinterlacer, but the results were not that soothing, so am exploring other options which can work with DVD-RB.

Again I am in learning process so feel free to slam the ideas or approach which does not seem appropriate.

thxs once again for ur input and I will try out what Foxyshadis suggested.
superuser is offline   Reply With Quote