View Single Post
Old 27th April 2005, 18:12   #11  |  Link
paviko

Thank you all for your replies.

@AVIL
Quote:
Only one doubt. I've tried with different values (from 16 to 255) for avg_lum but with no visual changes at all. ¿Do this parameter depend on others?
Thank you for reporting this. It's a bug, avg_lum parameter is partially reversed in code now, so it's definitaly not working as it's supossed to work.
Quote:
¿It will be possible to preserve RGB processing in future releases?.
RGB32 will be always supported in this plug-in. Gaining in RGB space is not causing loss of saturation. I haven't tried yet solving equation for YUV colour format, so I don't know if the plug-in will work the same in YUV, but it will be faster. It's also possible that YUY2 version will be added too.

@videoFred
Thanks, waiting for your reports

@Didée
Quote:
it runs somewhat faster than HDRAGC() ... 10 times, or more
I'm planning to optimize these filter, don't know exactly how much faster it will run. Probably the ultra-wide gaussian you are using is highly optimized by avisynth developer team. In my plug-in the most computational task is calculating average brigthness with inclusion of simulating human eye reaction (should I believe what is written in this article ? ) - it's like reading one frame of video 150 times.
Quote:
If someone is interested in the (unfinished) AVS code, drop a line here. Basically, an ultra-wide gaussian blur is done, then the difference to the original is square-rooted, and fed into a modified multiplication/hardlight routine.
Yes please post it Didée, I'm especially interested in your "modified multiplication/hardlight routine"
Quote:
Should I think about writing PDF whitepapers ...
Definately yes

Regards
paviko is offline   Reply With Quote