View Single Post
Old 26th April 2005, 17:58   #5  |  Link
paviko

@videoFred
Quote:
Is it possible to add an auto-gamma setting too?
Why would you like to auto control gamma?
Gamma is causing some contrast loss, that's why HDR technics were invented to overcome this.
But maybe it can be usefull. Could you describe in more detail how you imagine the gamma control? Of course the best would be image examples showing diffrent situations

@Mug Funky
Quote:
this could really help with the Zion scenes in the matrix trilogy (baaad lighting ratio right thurr)
This plugin works best with low compressed input like DV stream, where lots of details are preserved in dark areas. I don't know if MPEG2 isn't too lossly compression (depends on how the film was compressed). The more compressed input then less gain would be possible without artefacts.

Quote:
not sure if it'll help on some grainy-as-hell and dark DV footage i have
I've done this plugin for my home DV shoots (birthdays, etc.) Of course without good denoiser (fortunately we've got here the best ones: MVTools, FFT3D) we can't do much. But today mainstream camcorders (eg. Pana GS-120, Sony HC-85, Canon Optura) easily handle gain as much as 3.0 times.
Those examples posted by me are from Panasonic GS200, Sony PC350 and Sony PC85.

Quote:
i can see this becoming very useful for avisynth 3, if it ends up supporting 16bpc video - HDR is best suited to more-than-8-bits.
Yes but when we will be able to touch devices recording in 16-bit format

Regards
paviko is offline   Reply With Quote