View Single Post
Old 25th September 2016, 06:07   #4264  |  Link
brumsky

Can someone explain RDO Prediction?

I recently upgraded my computer and therefore have some extra encoding power. I've been thinking about making one of the following changes.

RD 5
Rect
Rect & Amp

Now, I admit I don't fully understand the low level details of the options above - just the bits I can gather from the docs. What is RDO predictions? It is listed as the change to RD 5. It seems to have a very large impact on encoding speed.

Here are my current settings.

Code:
--profile main10 --output-depth 10 --ctu 64 --bframes 6 --bframe-bias 5 --rc-lookahead 40 --scenecut 40 --ref 5 --limit-refs 3 --me 3 --merange 57 --subme 3 --no-rect --no-amp --limit-modes
 --max-merge 3 --no-early-skip --b-intra --no-sao --signhide --weightp --weightb --aq-mode 1 --aq-strength 1 --cutree --rd 4
 --tu-intra-depth 3 --tu-inter-depth 3 --psy-rd 1 --psy-rdoq 1 --rdoq-level 2 --qcomp 0.65 --no-strong-intra-smoothing
On another note, how can I identify the differences/benefits of the three options above? As in - what should I look for? I generally use staxrip's video comparison tool but I don't know where to look for the differences.

Thanks in advance!
brumsky is offline   Reply With Quote