View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2014, 21:16   #10  |  Link
`Orum

Ran into another problem now. If I try to play any avs script with both audio and video streams in a DirectShow player (e.g. MPC-HC; GraphStudioNext), the audio will play and the video will not render. The problem is, I think, that LAV is still inserted in the render path, trying to take this raw YV12 video and 'decode' it (or ideally pass-through assuming YV12 output is checked), which it can't seem to handle, and rendering fails. A quick look at LAV's video options doesn't reveal anything for raw YV12.

Strangely, this doesn't happen when there is either no audio or no video, which leads me to believe it's an issue with the interleaved A/V requiring a splitter (where it chooses LAV), which then forces video decoding. For example:
Code:
# Does not play correctly in DirectShow players.  Problem appears to be independent of which audio source filter is used.
vid = dss2("foo.flv").ColorYUV(levels="TV->PC")
aud = FFAudioSource("foo.flv")
AudioDub(vid, aud)

# This by itself does play however... (Edit: only in MPC-HC (which has all internal splitters/decoders disabled); not in GraphStudioNext)
dss2("foo.flv").ColorYUV(levels="TV->PC")

# ...as does this
FFAudioSource("foo.flv")
All cases listed above open just fine in players that are VFW based, such as AvsP or VirtualDub. The MPC-HC error that appears when opening is:
Code:
AVI/WAV File Source::Avisynth video #1

Media Type 0:
--------------------------
Video: YV12 1920x1080 30fps

AM_MEDIA_TYPE: 
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Video {73646976-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
subtype: MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12 {32315659-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
formattype: FORMAT_VideoInfo {05589F80-C356-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 3110400
cbFormat: 88
Which again leads me to believe there is some weirdness with LAV and raw YV12, which only manifests itself when it's interleaved with audio. So, what's happening exactly, and what can I do to fix it? I thought that unchecking "raw video" and "raw audio" in LAV's splitter settings would fix it, but no such luck. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, this problem seems to be associated with the EVR renderer, and not Haali/LAV specifically. Using madVR solved the problem.

Last edited by `Orum; 23rd May 2014 at 21:59.
`Orum is offline   Reply With Quote