View Single Post
Old 20th March 2016, 16:28   #2924  |  Link
manolito

First of all having two cmd windows for audio encoding is not normal at all. Whatever the reason, it has nothing to do with the ffmpeg-vbr plugin. This plugin does not touch audio at all.

And second I am not so sure if you really selected 1-pass CBR. If you checked the FFMpeg HQ option under preferences and your bitrate is below 3500 kbps, then you will get the Extreme HQ 2-pass mode with the ff_vbr plugin installed. You will only get a 1-pass CBR encode if your bitrate is above 6500 kbps (the AVStoDVD default threshold for switching between CBR and 1-pass VBR). You can edit this threshold in the Registry.

My plugin does not let you force CBR for bitrates lower than this threshold. The reason is that the quality would be awful. If you really need FFMpeg CBR at low bitrates you will have to uninstall my plugin.

For using FFMPEG with my plugin the fastest setting would be to force 1-pass VBR without specifying the HQ option under preferences.
The best quality setting would be to force 2-pass VBR using a value of 3.

Quote:
I will have to test the HCenc 1pass VBR with the FFMPEG 1pass CBR.
This does not make any sense. As I already said there is no way to use FFMPEG CBR for bitrates below 6500 kbps. And comparing CBR to 1-pass VBR is like comparing apples to oranges.

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 20th March 2016 at 16:33.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote