View Single Post
Old 1st October 2011, 12:10   #9902  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
what pixel format output do I pick at the ATI CCC settings?
yCbCr 4:4:4 Pixel Format
yCbCr 4:2:2 Pixel Format
RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format Studio (Limited RGB)
RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format PC Standard (Full RGB)
Set it to full range RGB. Chances are, madVR is better at concerting the Y'CbCr than your TV's processor is.

And if you need a limited range display, you can set the display to limited range in madVR.

Quote:
PullDown detection and Smooth Video Playback in the ATI CCC. On or Off?
I'll assume off, madVR takes care of pulldown and it (+ reclock) attempt to take care of smooth video playback.

Quote:
FFdshow: only check output YV12?
Yes.

Quote:
madVR. I see that madVR got decoding options! Check all and use ffmpeg software decoder? Or is ffdshow decoder still better to use?
Check all and use ffmpeg. ffdshow's decoder is worse than the madVR internals. However, if you want the best, I recommend you use the LAV Filters for decoding - they are even better than the madVR internals.

Quote:
What are some good algorithms settings to use? Looking for some (basic) settings that can be used for all type of movies that do not cause too much artifacts.
I use Mitchell-Netravali for chroma upscaling and Spline (4 taps) for Luma upscaling.

I have found the other algorithms (other than Lanczos and Spline) don't produce a sharp enough result for luma upscaling, but softness is fine for chroma.