View Single Post
Old 18th November 2007, 01:23   #234  |  Link
Mtz

I used for the first time this program today. Some things regarding iPhone profile as an example when choosing [ level 3.0 ] iPOD Touch & iPhone:
- mkv output to be greyed
- the audio must to stay under "2.0 AAC LC 128kbps" and no other option to be available. Best is to be autoset as "2.0 AAC LC 96kbps" as default.
- the video must to stay under 640x480 and no other option to be available for resize and max. bitrate 1500 kbps.

Request: when adding subtitles to be possible to add black bars, keeping correct aspect ratio and the subtitles to be placed at the bottom of the video. The reason is because the display is 4:3 and if encoding some 16:9 movie with subtitles the player will add black bars and the subtitles will be not very readable if them are in the video as opposed to be on the black bars. Also for srt subtitles the font, size cannot be choosed by the users and I consider for iPhone the default font is too small. User needs to learn how to make better ssa subtitles. I don't know if you can add an option for font, size, position of subtitles but I hope to add something simple when adding subtitles like: WideScreen (16:9) or LetterBoxed (16:9 in a 4:3 frame with black borders).

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline   Reply With Quote