View Single Post
Old 4th January 2007, 19:36   #1  |  Link
cakuhnen

Guide to encode Stereo to Surround 5.1 or even 7.1

I want to show how in this guide how to encode a Stereo source (2ch) to Surround 5.1 or even 7.1 using Graphedit + Cyberlink Audio Decoder 7.2 Ultra with Neo6 DTS Technology

The source i have tested with Dolby Digital Stereo (2ch), i dont have tested with WAV Source Stereo but you can test yourself

Procedures: Select File Source Async Filter and input your Dolby Digital Stereo or Surround 2ch file.
Now connect AC3 Parser Filter to File Source Async Filter.
Select Cyberlink Audio Decoder and connect to AC3 Parser Filter now look the options guide before connect the WAVDest Filter and File Writer Filter.

Now the Cyberlink Audio Decoder Configurations needed to encode

In Audio Tab you have these options, Speaker Environment: 2 speaker, Headphone, 4 speaker, 6 speaker, 7 speaker, and 8 speaker.

If you whant to encode 5.1 Surround from Stereo Dolby Digital source, select 6 speaker then click on Apply button.

If you whant to encode 7.1 Surround from Stereo Dolby Digital source, select 8 speaker then click Apply button.

More configurations in Audio Tab needed to encode, Output Mode: No Effect, CLMEI-2, Dolby Pro Logic IIx and Neo:6. Select Neo:6 then click on Apply Button.

OK, now the other configurations needed to complete:

In Neo:6 Tab you have 2 choices between Cinema Mode and Music Mode.
Select Cinema Mode if your source Dolby Digital are from Movies source.
Select Music Mode if your source Dolby Digital are from music, normal audio, etc.

In Miscellaneous Tab you have these select the same settings that you see in this image to keep the Dolby Digital Dynamic Range Compression.
Select Normal Environment then click Apply then OK to close Cyberlink Audio Decoder Filter.

Now its time to connect the WAV Dest Filter to Cyberlink Audio Decoder Filter and final the File Writer Filter(yourfilename.wav). To encode you see the green button > click on it and wait to finish then you have the Dolby Digital 5.1 or 7.1 like your choice you have selected and can encode to Dolby Digital Surround like you need

Post for me a DTS 2ch, WAV 2ch if you want me to test, i hope i can help you in this guide
cakuhnen is offline   Reply With Quote