View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:10   #12207  |  Link
Porsche_fan

Is there a current known issue with ffdshow resize crashing in Windows 7 x64? I tried my best to search the thread but there doesn’t seem to be a report of such.

I recently bought a HP with Windows 7 x64, i7 860 processor and nVidia 315 graphics card. I am using it as a HTPC connected to a plasma TV through a 1.4 compliant HDMI cable.

I have a 3 week trial period which ends today and during the last 3 weeks I have been struggling trying to resolve an infrequently occurring playback issue where the computer suddenly will display a black screen and stop responding.

It usually happens when I take some kind of action like display the time remaining on the autohide control bar but will often happen without anything being touched. Because it is so sporadic, it is hard to narrow down but I believe it may be related to the ffdshow resize filter.

I am using 32 bit MPC-HC in EVR-Custom with the following filters…Resize->Sharpen->Noise. I am also outputting RGB32 although I see the same error with YV12.

I have tried every combination I can think of including different renderers EVR, EVR-C and madVR. I have also tried a variety of ffdshow versions, including some rather old to the latest in both generic and icl10. It occurs both when ffdshow is decoding and in raw video only. Additionally, I have tried the 64 bit versions of MPC-HC and ffdshow.

Also tried installing nVidia’s drivers off their site but it failed to recognize the card. Finally, I have disabled all startup programs other than Windows services to rule out conflicts with other programs.

I’ve basically exhausted every option I can think of and as mentioned need to decide today if I want to return it. So any information or suggestions would be greatly welcomed.
Porsche_fan is offline   Reply With Quote