View Single Post
Old 15th January 2018, 14:56   #1356  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v1.5

OK, here is the new version that should convert the Avatar and other difficult subtitles to 3D correctly.

Note that now, BDSup2Sub++ is used by default when a BD SUP file is opened, as the Java version has too many bugs. Unfortunately, BDSup2Sub++ opens an useless command prompt window when it starts. I have added a little tool (HideWindow.exe) written in AutoHotkey in the toolset folder to close it immediately, and restore the focus to the window that had it when BDSup2Sub++ stole it, but it is not possible to avoid it completely. There is therefore an annoying flash when BD3D2MK3D converts the BD SUP files to 3D or to DVD SUB. I think that that annoyance is better than risking to produce bad 3D subtitles.

Note also that the Java version of BDSup2Sub is still necessary to convert the XML/PNG 3D subtitles to the final BD SUP or DVD SUB format, as BDSup2Sub++ has a big bug when it loads the XML/PNG format. Luckily, it seems that the Java version is OK for that job.

It's an important new version of BD3D2MK3D, as it fixes other problems as well, and it includes a new subtitle tool: Combine Multiple PDS/ODS definitions. It is used internally when there are several subtitles appearing AT THE SAME TIME on screen. It merges them as a single subtitle, and modifies the XML file accordingly. I have added a GUI to use it yourself if you need it, but you should never need it for the subtitles converted to 3D automatically by BD3D2MK3D.

I have released this version now, because hiltr0n may need it to convert its Avatar BD, but I have not tested it carefully, so some bugs can be present. Let me know if there are still some problems when encoding with x264 in hardware mode, and if the subtitles conversions work as expected.
Quote:
v1.5 (January 15, 2018)
- BD3D2MK3D uses now an "universal" method to convert the subtitles to 3D or DVD SUB, that should hopefully work well in all cases. As a consequence, it is not possible any more to select the preferred version of BDSup2Sub, as the Java or C++ version is used automatically when appropriate.
- New Subtitle tool: Combine Multiple PDS/ODS definitions, used to merge the multiple subtitles (and used internally by the new universal conversion method). See help for more info.
- When a 2D BD Sup subtitle file is muxed in the final MKV, the original Sup extracted from the BD is now used instead of the converted .2D.sup file, to avoid the bugs of BDSup2Sub.
- The audio conversion and the logic used to build the labels of the audio tracks in the final MKV have been rewritten completely and improved. This fixes several bugs introduced with the conversion to Pro-Logic and Stereo in v1.3.
- Updated eac3to and its associated libraries to the latest version (v3.34)
- Updated the Mkvtoolnix exes to the latest version (v19.0.0)
- Updated tsMuxeR to the latest version (v2.6.11)
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z

Last edited by r0lZ; 15th January 2018 at 14:59.