View Single Post
Old 15th April 2011, 22:33   #6996  |  Link
jmone

0.56 Testing on my HTPC:

New Render Path & Black Screen / Display Rate Change
1) Pause/Play fixes it: Reclock does the Refresh Rate change and the screen goes to Black. A Pause brings it back to Windowed Mode and you see a still frame. Pressing Play starts playback and it goes back into Exclusive mode and plays on.
2) If Exlcusive Mode fails (no idea why that would be) a player restart is required then all back to normal
3) I did not have any example of a Mismatch in Refresh Rate between madVR and Reclock this time
4) Old path is fine.

It just seems that nothing is being presented when in exclusive mode and the Refresh Rate changes. The Pause/Play cuases a Windowed/Exclusive mode cycle that gets it all going again. The other option of couse is the madshi refresh rate changer option (instead of recock)! I'm also surprised no one else is seeing this - I can believe I'm that "special"!

1080/50p
1) madVR's OSD is still happily tearing etc on fast pans. What I find odd on this one is why would a fast pan in the movie cause tearing in the OSD (unless the whole presentation is also tearing in the renderer - which is kind of hard to tell as similar issues could have been in the original encoding from the Cam, decoding by ffdshow etc The OSD however is added after all is decoded)

Last edited by jmone; 15th April 2011 at 22:36.
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote