View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:30   #12440  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
madshi, here are the samples you requested:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d9402uyc95gk48m

I just briefly went over the first sample with 0.81 and I actually see some combing in different spots. The second sample is from a PAL dvd and I use ReClock to play it at 24 fps, so I'm not sure if that affects the behavior of madvr's IVTC

Let me know if you need more/longer samples
Thanks - interesting samples! The first one ("whatever you do, dearie, don't get married") is the best. It's a pretty straight 4:3:3 cadence, but every once in a while there's a glitch in the encoded cadence. madVR detects that, but sometimes a bit too late, so that there is sometimes a bit of visible combing. This will be a good sample for later, when I try to improve the speed of detecting such encoded cadence errors. Can I please have a longer version of this video? The longer the better. Thanks!

The second sample (PAL) is weird. It's the only PAL sample with a 3:2 cadence that I've ever seen. madVR detects the cadence correctly, but the video is encoded rather poorly. There are some combing artifacts which are encoded into the source. Nothing madVR can do about.

The third sample is a typical case of field blended encoding. These can only be properly handled by video mode deinterlacing. IVTC won't work correctly on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agustin9 View Post
What are the next things on your list?
I don't really like to talk about future development. I'll talk about it when it's done. Also, I don't have my to do list sorted. When I have time to implement something new, I look through the list and check what seems to be most important (to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
I have a core duo 6600 at 4.2 but that is not enough I think plus I love how this works. Also I notice that the hiccups only happen when I am in Full Screen Exclusive mode. If I dont use Exclusive then full screen plays smoothly. Am I missing something by not using Exclusive.
If you feel an Nvidia card works better , I can do that, I dont mind either company.
I think at 4.2GHz it should be fast enough for CPU decoding? It only hiccups in exclusive mode? That's weird. Anyway, if you get perfect results in windowed mode then there's no problem with disabling exclusive mode. I mentioned NVidia only because you wanted to use hardware decoding. Before changing GPUs I'd really suggest checking whether that's really the cause of the problem. If the problem only occurs in exclusive mode then it's probably not caused by hardware decoding. Summary: If you have no problems at all with fullscreen windowed mode, then there's no need to use exclusive mode, and no need to upgrade your GPU, either.

Last edited by madshi; 3rd March 2012 at 22:34.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote