Thread: DG NV tools
View Single Post
Old 16th March 2013, 16:19   #2896  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
When you get into the high RAM usage state, can't you use Task Manager (or similar) to see who is holding the memory?
No, and believe me, I've tried. Nothing listed in Task Manager is holding all that RAM. That's why I installed Sysinternal's RamMap; it's supposed to be better at that kind of thing. But it can only tell me the RAM is going into Modified Memory of a Mapped File; none of the processes it lists hold 10+ GB of RAM.

RamMap lets me browse through the Modified Memory area for process names etc. but the only thing I found were a few mentions of the .mbtree file.

I've been running tests all morning but they've turned out inconclusive. In fact, I haven't managed to "force" the system into a high RAM usage state once! Not with DirectShow, LAVF or DGDecNV. I don't know what the hell is going on here... :/

What's more, this is the only one of my three encoding rigs doing this (at random, apparently). It's also the only rig which has two Nvidia GPUs installed - and this behaviour started after I installed the 2nd Nvidia GPU. And the high RAM use state has so far occurred only when BD-RB was set up for DGDecNV.

Typical RAM use during indexing:

Typical RAM use during encode (1st pass):

High RAM use state (a minute later the Modified RAM was over 10GB):

Processes listing during high RAM use state:

Last edited by colinhunt; 16th March 2013 at 16:58.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote